Property, Development and Environment
In this field, Caamaño, Concheiro & Seoane offers advice in different areas:
Property and Registry:
- Advice on the acquisition of property assets
- Advice on property rights and property law (ownership claims; interdicts rights of way; and demarcations)
- Advice on the access of property to the Land Registry (registration, resumption of a chain of succession, ownership proceedings)
- Assistance on property guarantees and leases
- Acquisition, management and divestment of property portfolio
- Assistance on the externalisation of property holdings
Construction and Development Law:
- Assistance on the construction process, land development and contracting of the planning and building works. Participation in negotiations with Public Administrations. Drafting of contracts with companies and professionals who participate in the process.
- Assistance in the process of obtaining licenses and other permits and administrative authorisations which affect the building and planning processes.
- Resolution of contracts and problems related to the building process.
- Liabilities of Construction agents
- Liability of the developer and construction company
- Liability of the project management team (planner, architect, quantity surveyor) Defective construction.
- Negotiation of planning agreements
- Legal advice for planning and property developing entities (Landowner’s Compensation Consortium)
- Assistance in sanction proceedings deriving from infringements of environmental regulations
- Legal advice:
- Waste, packaging and integrated waste management systems
- Contaminated soils and hazardous substances
- Water and discharges
- Air and noise pollution
- IPPC and evaluation of impact on environment
- Acquisition of companies, property or industrial Sites: legal audit processes and advice on the legal liabilities derived from environmental contingencies
- Project Finance: legal analysis of the determining environmental factors of the project and interrelation between environmental licences; contractual mechanisms to mitigate environmental risks.